james-site-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Help!
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 12:39:06 GMT
Danny Angus wrote:
> Can someone give me instructions, or point me to instructions, for
> building the web site.
> I'm trying to add the apachecon 07 banners.
>
> d.

1. Checkout james-project project:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/project/trunk

2. in src/site/xdoc/index.xml you will find the xdoc sources for our
homepage

3. "mvn site" from the root will create in the target folder the new
generated website.

4. Checkout the generated website repository:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/site/trunk/www/

5. Copy the changed generated data over the local checkout and commit

6. Commit the changed stuff

7. Review your changes by pointing your browser to:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/site/trunk/www/index.html

8. Login to minotaur: cd /www/james.apache.org/ ; svn update

9. Wait few hours for the mirrors to update and check that the official
site works fine.

Stefano

PS: the most critic part is for sure #3, where anything can go wrong
with maven. In that case please join me on #james@freenet or IM me so we
can investigate the problem and make it smoother for the next time.