james-site-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: James release version download link confusion...
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:22:37 GMT
Danny,

Neither Serge nor I have karma for jakarta-site2 module (although that can
be fixed ;-)).   Would you please commit and apply the attached?

I'll look at setting up our own download page(s).

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray [mailto:ray.barlow@makeyour-point.com]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 11:04
To: noel@devtech.com
Subject: James release version download link confusion...

Hi,

Don't worry I'm not looking to asks questions and I'm sorry not to post this
to a mailing list. I can't post to the list without subscribing
(understandably) but its hard enough keeping up with the ones I work with,
without adding more that I don't really need. You can forward it to the
mailing list or others appropriate if you think it warrants it or you don't
have control over this area.

The http://james.apache.org/#releases page clearly states 2.1.3 as the
latest stable and "All users are urged to upgrade to v2.1.3 as soon as
possible." but unfortunately when you follow the link to the download area
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi it provides a link to 2.1 as the
latest release version! If you follow further down you can access the
"special archive area" where I found the latest release I wanted
http://archive.apache.org/dist/jakarta/james/. I got luscious because I've
been running 2.1.2 and thought it a bit funny when downloading the file and
the onscreen version number reported as 2.1, then I checked the date/time
stamp of the manifest file and it is Dec 2002 inline with your 2.1 release.

Anyway hope it helps and sorry to bother you if I'm talking rubbish.

Regards,

Ray