james-server-user mailing list archives

From seyoum tesfay <syumtes...@gmail.com>
Subject SSL/TLS usage with James 3.0-beta4
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 14:01:43 GMT
Hi,

I am using James 3.0-beta4 and I want to use SSL/TLS for sending and
receiving emails with SMTPS, POP3S and IMAPS. I have gone through the james
manual on [1] and created the necessary keystore file. I have edited the
configuration files to include the <tls socketTLS="false" startTLS="true">
entry with appropriate values.
After restaring the James server, nothing related to SSL/TLS is happening.
For instance, the log during the server startup doesn't show any thing
related to SMTPS or so. And I have started to send and read mails and it's
just using the plain SMTP and POP3.
So, what do I need to do to make sure that I have properly configured
SSL/TLS with James server 3.0-beta4?

[1]. http://james.apache.org/server/3/config-ssl-tls.html

*Seyoum T*.