james-server-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Odam <phillip.o...@nitorgroup.com>
Subject Re: Using connectionBacklog
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 14:55:10 GMT
Hi Eric

Yes, I've had a look over the netty documentation and the james source
code for setting up the connection and like you've pointed out the
setting of the backlog.

What I'm still puzzling over is how the setting for controlling the
maximum length of the queue of pending connections is set.

I've not spotted anything in the netty documentation describing the
purpose of the backlog option but going by numerous other network
applications e.g. Apache HTTPD the ListenBacklog directive does exactly
as I'd expect of a backlog.

So far though, I've not found what effect the backlog set in netty by
james is doing... Nothing in the james source code appears to be
incorrectly setting the backlog so I'm thinking the next step may just
be to knock together a basic test app to determine whether it's a bug in
that version of netty or ... wherever the investigation takes me.

Thanks
Phillip