james-server-user mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using connectionBacklog
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 06:46:26 GMT
Hi,

If you set backlog=1, the socket can not queue more than one request at
a time. So if the socket is already busy with one connection, a second
connection request will be simply rejected. The backlog property is
given to netty for its bootstrap.

The connectionLimit is implemented with Netty handlers which rejects
connection if you have already more open connection than the given number.

Thx, Eric