james-server-user mailing list archives

From Kamesh Bhallamudi <kamesh.had...@gmail.com>
Subject James installation
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2013 18:26:39 GMT
Hi All,
 I just started using James server and have been trying to install the
James server, but it has been failing. I have no clues on what went wrong.
I verified the log directory for any errors or exceptions. But there were
no logs with either warn or error level. I am trying install James using
root user with the following steps.

http://james.apache.org/server/3/install.html

I know it is vague information, but I don't have any exceptions to share
with you. Please help me how to know what went wrong.

The following is exception, which I got when I tried to create a sample
domain.

Error connecting to remote JMX agent!
java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub:
javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested
exception is:
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]
    at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:342)
    at
javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:267)
    at
org.apache.james.cli.probe.impl.JmxServerProbe.connect(JmxServerProbe.java:93)
    at
org.apache.james.cli.probe.impl.JmxServerProbe.<init>(JmxServerProbe.java:68)
    at org.apache.james.cli.ServerCmd.main(ServerCmd.java:104)

--
Bh.V.S.Kamesh,