james-server-user mailing list archives

From Barry Lai <b...@getabine.com>
Subject Tracking Email Deliverability - Stat Gathering/Log Parsing
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 19:41:18 GMT
Hi guys,

We've recently spent a lot of time writing parsers for the mailet/smtp logs
as well as some database stuff to figure out deliverability stats and were
wondering if you guys had some suggestions/out-of-the-box solutions.

Things we're looking at: for a sender domain X, what is the success rate of
deliverability to a recipient domain Y.

A very explicit example: if we receive mail from basketball.com, what is
the success rate if we try to deliver that mail to a gmail.com user.

Right now, we're parsing out files that get stored in /var/mail/error and
keeping log counts for failed mail paths and keeping track of what mail
gets spooled to keep track of what mails we attempt to send.  Are there
better ways? Other ways to measure deliverability in general?

Thanks so much for your time.  Maybe there's a more appropriate place for
me to pose these questions??  Did my best reading through the FAQs/mailing
list practices :/

Best,
Barry