james-server-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Prepscius <timprepsc...@gmail.com>
Subject question about blocking
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2012 14:20:03 GMT
Hey there,

I have a question about where and if james blocks on IO.

So I'm implementing a new mailbox [actually I'm modifying for now, see last message :-)].

I am wondering what would be best for me to do:

Either:

Make the message mapper and mailbox mapper, etc block for as long as they need.
(if james is instantiating threads per smtp connection, or per transaction, I should do this.)

Make the message mapper & mailbox mapper not block and do my own thread pooling to write
the incoming data to the external store.
(if james blocks on transactions, so that if one takes a while, it will block the server from
functioning correctly)

What is best?

-tim