james-server-user mailing list archives

From mohit gupta <motgu...@gmail.com>
Subject How to set the classpath in james.bat file for custom mailet ?
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2012 08:46:49 GMT
Hi All,

i am facing the weird problem. I tried to google the issue but could not
find resolution.  Here is the issue.I have integrated the james with my
custom mailet and web application code.I had put my jar under
james/apps/james/SAR-INF/lib subdirectory and my spring beans under
james/apps/james/SAR-INF/fip folder
Now there are two ways i can start the jame server. One thru
window service and another thru james.bat file. When  start the james thru
service it works fine . But when i start the service thru James.bat
file, server does not start and gives the error in logs stating could not
find spring-bean.xml file in classpath which is actually lying at
james/apps/james/SAR-INF/fip . Now i tried to figure out what is the
difference between when server is started thru
service or bat file. When i run thru service it uses wrapper.conf where i
set the two parameters specific to my application i.e

Now as i want to run it thru bat file, so i need to set these paramters in
james.bat file too. This is how set them in bat file but james server
still gives the error saying could not find spring-bean.xml.

set CLASSPATH=D:\James-2.3.2\apps\james\SAR-INF\fip

To me it looks like , server is not able to recognize the classpath set
above as
D:\James-2.3.2\apps\james\SAR-INF\fip as spring-bean.xml is lying under the
same folder. Kindlly guid me how to set the classpath in james.bat file
.Also i tried setting the same class path as environment variable but it
did not help.