james-server-user mailing list archives

From sitara alice <sitaraal...@gmail.com>
Subject James 3.0 beta4 : Unable to JMX password for remote connection
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 18:51:34 GMT
Hi All,

I am completely new to James. Thanks  to the community who made such an
amazing server.

I am able to send and receive mails with a static ip. I am also able to get
the JConsole connected to the server from a remote machine. But the problem
is: I am unable to set a password (without SSL) for it.
no matter whatever configuration I set , it will still connect to the
machine without any password. Following are the options I set in*
run.bat*as %EXTRA_JVM_ARGUMENTS% (apart from host and port in
jmx.properties file)

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.access.file=C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.6.0_33\jre\lib\management\jmxremote.access

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.password.file=C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.6.0_33\jre\lib\management\jmxremote.password
  -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=true.

Interestingly even if I set
"-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.local.only=true" , it does not have any
effect and  I am able to connect remotely.
Any idea ?

Thank you
Sitara