james-server-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Prepscius <timprepsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: overhead of JmxServerProbe?
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 16:57:43 GMT
And just to be overly explicit about what I'm seeing, exception stack trace:

If I start the guy with jmx connection, create a user,  then kill james, then start james,
then create a user, I see this exception:

java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.1.1; nested exception is:
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:619)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:216)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:202)
	at com.sun.jmx.remote.internal.PRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl_Stub.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector$RemoteMBeanServerConnection.invoke(RMIConnector.java:1017)
	at javax.management.MBeanServerInvocationHandler.invoke(MBeanServerInvocationHandler.java:305)
	at $Proxy0.addUser(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.james.cli.probe.impl.JmxServerProbe.addUser(JmxServerProbe.java:116)

if I then restart the guy who is jmx-ing all functions correctly again.

-tim

On Jun 21, 2012, at 12:44 PM, Timothy Prepscius wrote:

> 1.  I remember the initial exception incorrectly, and that I never got a timeout.  I
could have just gotten a connection problem, and I mentally inserted the word timeout.