james-server-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Prepscius <timprepsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: overhead of JmxServerProbe?
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 16:48:54 GMT
K, I'll post a stack trace tomorrow.  (need to wait for the connection to die)

[ optional ]

On a lesser note, do you guys do code coverage/static analysis of james?

Do you have a favorite tool/plugin that works well with maven and james?
(I'm not versed in the various maven java coverage/analysis tools)

I'll spend some time looking tonight, but if there is an obvious choice.. etc etc etc..

[ /optional ]

Thanks,

-tim

On Jun 19, 2012, at 10:23 AM, Eric Charles wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> No idea on the overhead, the connect method instanciates a few objects connecting to
the remote server.

> If your workload is not too high, it should be all right, but don't do it via direct
database access (never ever!).

> It would be good that you post the exception stacktrace in a JIRA so we can think to
enhance the client with a JMX Connection pool (or something like that) or configure the connection
with longer timeouts.