james-server-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Prepscius <timprepsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: overhead of JmxServerProbe?
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 20:30:06 GMT
I don't know yet.  Hasn't timed out again yet.
I hope it is not indeterminate.

I just tried to create a user, and it succeeded.  And it has been 8 hours since this morning.
 When I created a user.
Hmmm, I wonder what will happen if I restart the james server.

Ok, that succeeded too.

Hmm.. I don't know.  I should have kept that log.
Will let you know the next time it happens,

-tim

On Jun 20, 2012, at 5:08 AM, Eric Charles wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> An indication of the time needed to get the timeout will be useful.
>
> We already have findbugs defines in the (project) pom, so if you invoke 'mvn findbugs:check'
you will get a findbugs.xml in the target folder. If you want something more readable, you
can invoke 'mvn site -Psite-reports' (look in site/findbugs.html).

> Thx, Eric
>
> On 06/19/2012 06:48 PM, Timothy Prepscius wrote:
>> K, I'll post a stack trace tomorrow.  (need to wait for the connection to die)
>>

>> [ optional ]
>>
>> On a lesser note, do you guys do code coverage/static analysis of james?
>>
>> Do you have a favorite tool/plugin that works well with maven and james?
>> (I'm not versed in the various maven java coverage/analysis tools)
>>
>> I'll spend some time looking tonight, but if there is an obvious choice.. etc etc
etc..

>> [ /optional ]
>>

>> Thanks,
>>

>> -tim
>>

>> On Jun 19, 2012, at 10:23 AM, Eric Charles wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Tim,
>>>
>>> No idea on the overhead, the connect method instanciates a few objects connecting
to the remote server.

>>> If your workload is not too high, it should be all right, but don't do it via
direct database access (never ever!).

>>> It would be good that you post the exception stacktrace in a JIRA so we can think
to enhance the client with a JMX Connection pool (or something like that) or configure the
connection with longer timeouts.