james-server-user mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to set the classpath in james.bat file for custom mailet ?
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2012 13:16:43 GMT
Hi Mohit,

I run James3 on Linux, not James2.3 on Windows, so I am in a bad
position to help...

Looking at run.bat, I see
"%PHOENIX_JAVACMD%" %DEBUG%
"-Djava.ext.dirs=%PHOENIX_HOME%\lib;%PHOENIX_HOME%\tools\lib"
"-Dphoenix.home=%PHOENIX_HOME%"
"-Djava.security.policy=jar:file:%PHOENIX_HOME%/bin/phoenix-loader.jar!/META-INF/java.policy"

%PHOENIX_JVM_OPTS% %PHOENIX_SM% -jar
"%PHOENIX_HOME%\bin\phoenix-loader.jar" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

I would add there -cp C://james_path/apps/james/SAR-INF/fip

(you need to run on jdk6 to benefit from classpath definition with folders).

Hope this helps,

Eric

On 06/24/2012 12:18 PM, mohit gupta wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> As i mentioned in my original post when i start the james with with widow
> service , server starts perfectly fine.And reason is,  i mentioned below
> parameter in wrapper.conf
>
> wrapper.java.classpath.3=..\apps\james\SAR-INF\fip
> which contains  spring-bean.xml  file.
>
> But when i start the the james with James.bat file it does not find
> spring-bean.xml  file. Now my question is how to set the classpath pointing
> to ..\apps\james\SAR-INF\fip  in james.bat file  (as i did it
> in wrapper.conf). I tried below option but it did not work
>
> set CLASSPATH=D:\James-2.3.2\apps\**james\SAR-INF\fip.
>
> It would be help if you can point me how to to set the classpath in
> James.bat file pointing to D:\James-2.3.2\apps\**james\SAR-INF\fip.
>
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Eric Charles<eric@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>> Hi Mohit,
>>
>> Seems like an external library (probably the fip one) needs to find a
>> spring-beans.xml.
>>
>> Check how fip loads its spring-beans.xml (via classpath, via file path?)
>> and add the needed spring-beans.xml where it is expected to be.
>>
>> Thx, Eric
>>

>> On 06/24/2012 10:46 AM, mohit gupta wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> i am facing the weird problem. I tried to google the issue but could not
>>> find resolution.  Here is the issue.I have integrated the james with my
>>> custom mailet and web application code.I had put my jar under
>>> james/apps/james/SAR-INF/lib subdirectory and my spring beans under
>>> james/apps/james/SAR-INF/fip folder
>>> Now there are two ways i can start the jame server. One thru
>>> window service and another thru james.bat file. When  start the james thru
>>> service it works fine . But when i start the service thru James.bat
>>> file, server does not start and gives the error in logs stating could not
>>> find spring-bean.xml file in classpath which is actually lying at
>>> james/apps/james/SAR-INF/fip . Now i tried to figure out what is the
>>> difference between when server is started thru
>>> service or bat file. When i run thru service it uses wrapper.conf where i
>>> set the two parameters specific to my application i.e
>>>
>>> wrapper.java.classpath.3=..\**apps\james\SAR-INF\fip
>>> wrapper.java.additional.1=-**Dcom.foundationip.**