james-server-user mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: overhead of JmxServerProbe?
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 05:39:51 GMT
On 06/20/2012 10:30 PM, Timothy Prepscius wrote:
> I don't know yet.  Hasn't timed out again yet.
> I hope it is not indeterminate.
>
> I just tried to create a user, and it succeeded.  And it has been 8 hours since this
morning.  When I created a user.
> Hmmm, I wonder what will happen if I restart the james server.
>
> Ok, that succeeded too.

Strange. I would have bet on a broken connection.
Eric

> Hmm.. I don't know.  I should have kept that log.
> Will let you know the next time it happens,
>
> -tim
>

> On Jun 20, 2012, at 5:08 AM, Eric Charles wrote:
>
>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> An indication of the time needed to get the timeout will be useful.
>>
>> We already have findbugs defines in the (project) pom, so if you invoke 'mvn findbugs:check'
you will get a findbugs.xml in the target folder. If you want something more readable, you
can invoke 'mvn site -Psite-reports' (look in site/findbugs.html).

>> Thx, Eric
>>
>> On 06/19/2012 06:48 PM, Timothy Prepscius wrote:
>>> K, I'll post a stack trace tomorrow.  (need to wait for the connection to die)
>>>

>>> [ optional ]
>>>
>>> On a lesser note, do you guys do code coverage/static analysis of james?
>>>
>>> Do you have a favorite tool/plugin that works well with maven and james?
>>> (I'm not versed in the various maven java coverage/analysis tools)
>>>
>>> I'll spend some time looking tonight, but if there is an obvious choice.. etc
etc etc..

>>> [ /optional ]
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> -tim

via direct database access (never ever!).

think to enhance the client with a JMX Connection pool (or something like that) or configure
the connection with longer timeouts.

JmxServerProbe?

interface with each user creation.