james-server-user mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: overhead of JmxServerProbe?
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:23:28 GMT
Hi Tim,

No idea on the overhead, the connect method instanciates a few objects
connecting to the remote server.

If your workload is not too high, it should be all right, but don't do
it via direct database access (never ever!).

It would be good that you post the exception stacktrace in a JIRA so we
can think to enhance the client with a JMX Connection pool (or something
like that) or configure the connection with longer timeouts.

Thx,
Eric