james-server-user mailing list archives

From gamliela <gamli...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: how to persist mails in database
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 22:25:52 GMT

I run James 3 with MySQL.
I already did the required configuration in "james-database.properties".

Now, I don't understand why this is working:
<mailet match="All" class="ToRepository">
    <repositoryPath>db://maildb/myname1/myname2</repositoryPath>
</mailet>

and this is not working:
<mailet match="All" class="ToRepository">
    <repositoryPath>db://maildb/myname1</repositoryPath>
</mailet>

(I get "Column 'repository_name' cannot be null" exception).

I also don't understand why the first case (which works) create new 2 tables
in database (myname1, myname2) instead of using the exiting james_mail
table. Maybe I understand it all wrong but since there is almost no
documentation on these topics I have to trust my common sense...

Thanks for help,

Alon