james-server-user mailing list archives

From gufiya <guf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: James quits shortly after startup for unknown reason
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 07:20:05 GMT

I have the same problem here.
Here is a flow to reproduce it:
1. Download James3-beta4
2. Update "james-database.properties" to use MySQL
3. Put "mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar" in conf/lib dir
4. Install service with "james install" script
5. Run James with "james start" script
5. Same problem happens:
  5a. James start and stops after 2 seconds
  5b. nothing relevant appears in logfile (only if you turn on debug mode,
as people here mentioned).
6. My machine:
  6a. Windows 7 with all updates
  6b. JDK6 update 30
  6c. JAVA_HOME, JDK\bin PATH and admin privileges were all set

Can you please check it out?
This version is simply useless for me if I want to use MySQL.