james-server-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Prepscius <timprepsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: inmemory mailbox wrong configuration
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2012 13:28:06 GMT
yah:

        <constructor-arg index="0" ref="memory-sessionMapperFactory"/>

Hey- I have a question:

So I used another mail package to test my ideas, called, JES-2, and now I'm moving to James
for production.

I want to create a new james-mailbox.

I struggled for many many hours doing this and hit the same road block over and over.
Unfortunately it is a configuration problem, not a coding problem, so it becomes an indeterminate
time problem- which isn't fun ;-)

Here is what I did:

1.  tar/untar clone the james-mailbox/memory-mailbox to james-mailbox/custom-mailbox

2.  rename the java packages and class names to xxx.customer.CustomerBlahBlahBlah.
(things compile and have different names/packages than the memory)

3.  cloned the spring-mailbox-memory.xml to spring-mailbox-custom.xml, changed names inside
to reflect names of #2

4.  modified the spring-mailbox.xml to include this new spring-mailbox-custom.xml

---------

5.  mvn'd the code, shut down the mail server, transferred the jars for mailbox-custom and
the modified mailbox-spring.

(at other points I was transferring everything I could find, but it made no difference)

6.  modified the run.sh to include the jar in the class path.

7. ran sudo ./run.sh

----------

Error is something like:

a NullPointerException when parsing XML for spring-server.xml.
with a huge stack trace which doesn't yield too much interesting (to my eyes) except that
I know it is init-ing.

I can't remember where that XML file is.  I found it yesterday, but now I've forgotten where
it is.
Anyhow, when I found it I noticed that it had an import to the spring-mailbox.xml…

But I've unzipped those jars I transferred, and the spring-mailbox.xml seems to be there.

----

Any thoughts?

Is the guy/girl who wrote the hbase on this list?
Do you have any notes on the process of integrating that mailbox into james?

(just noticed my writing is incredibly bad this morning, couldn't sleep, apologize if I'm
writing like a 2 year old.)