james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Freeman" <aa...@sendthisfile.com>
Subject RE: Question about empty MAIL FROM
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:57:19 GMT
I'll be happy to open a ticket (though I haven't done one before so don't
hate me if I screw it up a bit) -- which component do you think is more
appropriate, JAMES or PROTOCOL?  I'll essentially just include this thread,
including Stefano's responses -- I can't add much beyond his statement that
RFC1123 5.2.9 says it's a must and that setting a null MAIL FROM is a common
technique for preventing bounce loops.

Thanks,

Aaron

MAIL