james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Freeman" <aa...@sendthisfile.com>
Subject James 3.0 - beta 4 Date/Time Problem
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 03:28:55 GMT
I just sent an email to myself.  It was 21:22 (9:22 PM) when I sent it.  I
received it immediately after sending it.

The date in the Received header is incorrect, but the Date: header is
correct.  So Outlook displays it incorrectly in its list of incoming email,
but when you view the email itself, it looks correct.

I have noticed it doesn't EVER handle PM correctly -- so in the morning, the
emails work properly because it's AM, but in the evening all email still
gets listed as AM.

I can think of two ways this might happen:

1) The Received: field is always missing the AM/PM.

2) Whatever is created the Received header expects a 24 hour number and is
always getting a 12 hour number with AM/PM and it's ignoring the PM (pure
speculation on my part as to if that's what is happening, but that's a good
description of the problem).

Here is an example of an email in error: