james-server-user mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about James 3 message format in database
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:37:07 GMT
Hi,
This is done by your client (not by james server) to comply with the
"quoted-printable" mime format.
You can read more on:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2045
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME
http://mailformat.dan.info/body/linelength.html

James does not do special job on message content (still ensuring mail
content is valid upon existing standards).
tks,
- Eric

On 14/02/2011 07:48, Client X Development wrote:
> I recently downloaded and installed James 3 M2 and noticed that when messages are stored
in the database those with long lines are being broken up into shorter lines with an '=' sign
used to indicate the line is continued.  Where is this being done?