james-server-user mailing list archives

From Marcin Kieć <al...@interia.pl>
Subject James 3.0-M3. Does not support OracleDB. ORA-00910: specified length too long for its datatype
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 14:53:23 GMT
After setting db properties to oracle I get ORA-exception:

1. ORA-00910: specified length too long for its datatype
while executing statement: CREATE TABLE Header (id NUMBER NOT NULL, field VARCHAR2(1024),
lineNumber NUMBER, value VARCHAR2(10240), MESSAGE_ID NUMBER, PRIMARY KEY (id))

Reason: max length of VARCHAR2 in Oracle is 4000 (length in definition of column value is
set to 10240). Only BLOB/CLOB can hold data that exceeds 4000B size.

2. After createing table Header by my self in database I get another error while starting
James server:
ORA-00904: invalid identifier
while executing statement: CREATE TABLE Membership (mailboxId NUMBER NOT NULL, uid NUMBER
NOT NULL, answered NUMBER, deleted NUMBER, draft NUMBER, flagged NUMBER, internalDate TIMESTAMP,
recent NUMBER, seen NUMBER, MESSAGE_ID NUMBER, PRIMARY KEY (mailboxId, uid))

Reason: uid is reserved identifier in oracle and cannot be used as a column name.

Is there any way to run James with persistance in Oracle DB?

Best regards
Marcin