james-server-user mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: remote manager does not respond properly
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 17:06:04 GMT
2011/1/11 Eric Charles <eric@apache.org>:
> If found jmx console clients not so easy to use, this is why we went to a
> new cli module (Norman is busy with it).

I completely agree and happy that norman is working on it! I provided
the jmx console tools link as an alternative solution.

> For the management of remote servers behind a firewall, I use web-based
> jmanage (there are other ones I think) - it gives me screens such as
> http://james.apache.org/server/3/images/jmx-management/jmx-domainlist.png
> and has some applets to display the evolution of attributes in graphs.

You're right, jmanage is great when you can't use visualvm/jconsole.
jmxclient is almost "a must" when you have to make some easy scripting
of what you have in jmx, or to monitor some of your jmx counter using
munin, as I do (i definitely patched jmxclient to provide munin
friendly output so to avoid time loosing awk/sed replacements).

Stefano