james-server-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Kovach <kov...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: James 3 and SSL/TLS
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 04:25:02 GMT
Yes.  It appears to be working better.  Thank you.

Next question.  James (SMTP server) appears to be listening and accepting my
email on 465, but when it goes to deliver it, it's trying to use port 25.  I
was expecting it to deliver outgoing mail on 465 as well.  Is that not the
case?  If not, is there a way to accomplish that?  Thanks again.

- Kevin

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Norman Maurer <norman@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> it..
>
> Bye,
> Norman
>

> 2011/1/23 Kevin Kovach <kovach@gmail.com>:
> > Actually, I've tried TLS and STATTLS and they both seem to behave the
> same
> > way.  You might be on to something though with my Java version.  I am
> > using Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_11-b03).  I'll get a
> > newer release and see if that helps.  Thanks.
> >
> > - Kevin
> >
> > On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 5:40 AM, Norman Maurer <norman@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Kevin,
> >>
> >> do you use TLS or STARTTLS ? Could give me the version of java you are
> >> using ? I remember there was some bug in 1.6 in the past which raised
> >> this exception.
> >>
> >> Bye,
> >> Norman

> >> retrieve

> >> either
> TLS
> and
> >> they
> >> just

> >> established
> disconnect=false
> >> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.checkThrown(Handshaker.java:954)
> >> >

> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.checkTaskThrown(SSLEngineImpl.java:465)
> >> >

> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.readNetRecord(SSLEngineImpl.java:701)
> >> >
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.unwrap(SSLEngineImpl.java:669)
> >> >

> org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder.callDecode(FrameDecoder.java:282)
> >> >

> org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder.messageReceived(FrameDecoder.java:216)
> >> org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:274)
> >> org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:261)
> org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:350)
> >> >

> org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.processSelectedKeys(NioWorker.java:281)
> org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:201)
> >> >

> org.jboss.netty.util.internal.IoWorkerRunnable.run(IoWorkerRunnable.java:46)

> data
> >> >

> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.HandshakeInStream.read(HandshakeInStream.java:81)
> >> >

> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.UnknownExtension.<init>(HelloExtensions.java:204)
> >> >

> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.HelloExtensions.<init>(HelloExtensions.java:69)
> >> >

> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.HandshakeMessage$ClientHello.<init>(HandshakeMessage.java:252)
> >> >

> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ServerHandshaker.processMessage(ServerHandshaker.java:135)
> >> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:516)
> >> >

> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker$DelegatedTask.run(Handshaker.java:875)
> >> >

> org.jboss.netty.handler.ssl.ImmediateExecutor.execute(ImmediateExecutor.java:37)
> >> >

> org.jboss.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.runDelegatedTasks(SslHandler.java:996)

 The
> server

> keeps
> this