james-server-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Stefaniuk <daniel.stefan...@gmail.com>
Subject remote manager does not respond properly
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:23:31 GMT
Hi

I follow the quick start
guide<http://james.apache.org/server/3/quick-start.html>.
I have managed to successful start the mail server
(james-server-container-spring-3.0-M3-20110110.122156-253) with default
configuration. I am able to connect on port 25 and 110 using telnet.

I also set up the remote manager to listen on port 4555. I am able to make a
connection however the only response I get is:

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

followed by a prompt character. If I try to type in anything and press enter
the connection is closed by the server. It is running on a linux box, kernel
2.6.35.4-x86_64, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

What should I look at find the problem?

Thanks

Daniel Stefaniuk