james-server-user mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <nor...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RemoteDelivery slow (single threaded)
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:23:48 GMT
So do you have more then one Mail in the Queue or is it just one Mail
with many recipients?

Bye
Norman

Am Montag, 10. Januar 2011 schrieb Priit Liivak <Priit.Liivak@webmedia.ee>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running James 2.3.1
>
> RemoteDelivery deliveryThreads = 10
> spoolmanager threads =10
>
> Occasionally my outgoing mail queue gets blocked. For example if RemoteDelivery fails
to establish  connection to a recipient server it takes another server registered for that
DNS name. During that wait time (60 sec) one would assume that other 9 threads are still working
with outgoing messages but that seems not to work like this.

> In logs all sending attempts are in perfect order: "Attempting delivery of Mail1294671242316-8870-to-gmail.com"
is always followed by corresponding "Mail (Mail1294671242316-8870-to-gmail.com) sent successfully
to ..." or in some cases "Could not connect to SMTP host: ..."