james-server-user mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <nor...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RemoteDelivery slow (single threaded)
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:23:48 GMT
So do you have more then one Mail in the Queue or is it just one Mail
with many recipients?

Am Montag, 10. Januar 2011 schrieb Priit Liivak <Priit.Liivak@webmedia.ee>:
> Hi,
> I'm running James 2.3.1
> RemoteDelivery deliveryThreads = 10
> spoolmanager threads =10
> Occasionally my outgoing mail queue gets blocked. For example if RemoteDelivery fails
to establish  connection to a recipient server it takes another server registered for that
DNS name. During that wait time (60 sec) one would assume that other 9 threads are still working
with outgoing messages but that seems not to work like this.
> In logs all sending attempts are in perfect order: "Attempting delivery of Mail1294671242316-8870-to-gmail.com"
is always followed by corresponding "Mail (Mail1294671242316-8870-to-gmail.com) sent successfully
to ..." or in some cases "Could not connect to SMTP host: ..."