james-server-user mailing list archives

From agks mehx <agksm...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot Build/Debug in Eclipse
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 00:27:35 GMT
How does one step through source in Eclipse?  What IDE do you all use?  How
do you set it up?

My failed attempt:
  - first, used mvn to successfully build
james-server-3.0-M2-source-release.zip
  - second, created project in Eclipse based on the same folder as mvn build
  - third, got *inexplicable* errors e. g. AbstractHasMailAttributeTest
cannot be resolved to a type at line 32
in HasMailAttributeWithValueRegexTest.java
  - fourth, searched entire folder including inside all .jar files and .java
files but could not find AbstractHasMailAttributeTest anywhere
  - fifth, did not see any import for AbstractHasMailAttributeTest in
HasMailAttributeWithValueRegexTest.java
  - finally, many similar inexplicable errors -- makes me wonder how mvn was
able to build it?

My reason for wanting to step through code -- the config documentation is
out of date and I want to set up a mailet-based mail server application.
 Since I am flying blind and don't know how to set up users, etc. I decided
to just step through code and understand what's going on.

Any updates on ETA for a full release including documentation?

Thanks!!