james-server-user mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <eric.char...@u-mangate.com>
Subject Re: James 3.0-M3. Does not support OracleDB. ORA-00910: specified length too long for its datatype
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:42:36 GMT
Hi Marcin,

You can build james server from source
(http://james.apache.org/server/3/dev-build.html) - your svn checkout
will be anonymous, more on http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html)

You can simply download a binary build from
http://people.apache.org/builds/james/nightly/ that will redirect you to
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/james/james-server-container-spring/3.0-M3-SNAPSHOT/

yes, curious to know if it's working with oracle...

tks,
-eric

On 25/01/2011 15:24, Marcin Kieć wrote:
> Eric
> I've tried to test new DB model on Oracle but I can't get source codes
> from SVN. I tried do download source code from:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/james/mailbox - is this correct url? I
> there any authentication required for checkout? PS: I don't have a
> developer account. Is there any release that contains this patch?
>
> Tks,
> Marcin
>
> On 2011-01-14 13:41, Eric Charles wrote:
>> Same here, but it's sometimes handy to overwrite annotations.
>>
>> I just committed http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1058984&view=rev :
>> you can use the jpa-mappings.xml to redefine  the HEADER_VALUE column
>> from 4000 (defined by annotation) to 8000.
>>
>> I think we meet the database vendors requirements, having a base
>> working for all, being updated if needed by James Administrator.
>>
>> Tks,
>>
>> Eric
>>

>> On 11/01/2011 19:40, Norman Maurer wrote:
>>> I'm still no fan of xml files for JPA.. but maybe thats just me
>>>
>>> Bye,
>>> Norman

NOT

I get