james-server-user mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <eric.char...@u-mangate.com>
Subject Re: James 3.0-M3. Does not support OracleDB. ORA-00910: specified length too long for its datatype
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 12:41:09 GMT
Same here, but it's sometimes handy to overwrite annotations.

I just committed http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1058984&view=rev : you
can use the jpa-mappings.xml to redefine  the HEADER_VALUE column from
4000 (defined by annotation) to 8000.

I think we meet the database vendors requirements, having a base working
for all, being updated if needed by James Administrator.

Tks,

Eric

On 11/01/2011 19:40, Norman Maurer wrote:
> I'm still no fan of xml files for JPA.. but maybe thats just me
>
> Bye,
> Norman
>
> 2011/1/11 Eric Charles<eric@apache.org>:
>> Yes, we can do that, with default being "do not trim".
>> We can also add some xml mapping files with overrides that column with
>> default value 4000, so administrator can change easily change it for
>> database which support it (see also
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMAP-233).
>>
>> Tks,
>>
>> Eric
>>
>> On 11/01/2011 18:56, Norman Maurer wrote:
>>> what about making it configurable ?
>>>
>>> Bye,
>>> Norman

NULL,