james-server-user mailing list archives

From Marc Chamberlin <m...@jprise.com>
Subject HELO reporting wrong IP address
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 07:03:09 GMT
  I am suddenly running into troubles with my users of our James 2.3.2
sending emails from our internal network that have the inside IP address
of the server machine that James is running on. In particular
www.spamhaus.org is blocking emails sent to various user mail lists from
our email server. Upon visiting their website I am told -*

*66.206.83.13 is listed in the XBL, because it appears in:

     * CBL

and following the CBL link I am directed to a page -
http://cbl.abuseat.org/helocheck.html that tells me how to run a helo
check test. I followed the instructions and got back a bounced email
indicating -

Hi. This is the James mail server at marcchamberlin.com. I'm not able to
deliver this message.
Failed recipient(s):
helocheck@cbl.abuseat.org

Error message:
550 HELO for IP 66.206.83.13 was "192.168.2.100"

So my question is do I have something mis-configured in James? Or is
something wrong with my DNS server? Not sure how to go about
finding/fixing this, so appreciate any and all offers of help.. Thanks
in advance...

     Marc...

P.S. Gosh, I am even getting blocked sending this request for help to
the James mail list!! Sigh...