james-server-user mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: James 3.0-M3. Does not support OracleDB. ORA-00910: specified length too long for its datatype
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:33:07 GMT
Hi,

We are working right-now to fix the DB column names (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAILBOX-14).

1. Column of type VARCHAR was OK on MySQL and Derby for length 10240.
Could you advice us another type, so we could fix it via JPA
annotations. From the message, it seems we should go to BLOB/CLOB.
Another option would be to lower 10240 to 4000: I remember we took a
security margin for very large headers but 4000 could fit that margin...

2. It should be soon resolved cause with the proposed patch (not-yet in
trunk), we prefix tables and columns with context. For example uid
column will be MAIL_UID.

Running James with Oracle DB is of course a top priority, so your
feedbacks will be very helpful.

Tks,

Eric

On 11/01/2011 15:53, Marcin Kieć wrote:
> After setting db properties to oracle I get ORA-exception:
>
> 1. ORA-00910: specified length too long for its datatype
> while executing statement: CREATE TABLE Header (id NUMBER NOT NULL, field VARCHAR2(1024),
lineNumber NUMBER, value VARCHAR2(10240), MESSAGE_ID NUMBER, PRIMARY KEY (id))

> Reason: max length of VARCHAR2 in Oracle is 4000 (length in definition of column value
is set to 10240). Only BLOB/CLOB can hold data that exceeds 4000B size.

> 2. After createing table Header by my self in database I get another error while starting
James server:
> ORA-00904: invalid identifier
> while executing statement: CREATE TABLE Membership (mailboxId NUMBER NOT NULL, uid NUMBER
NOT NULL, answered NUMBER, deleted NUMBER, draft NUMBER, flagged NUMBER, internalDate TIMESTAMP,
recent NUMBER, seen NUMBER, MESSAGE_ID NUMBER, PRIMARY KEY (mailboxId, uid))