james-server-user mailing list archives

From Priit Liivak <Priit.Lii...@webmedia.ee>
Subject RemoteDelivery slow (single threaded)
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:56:30 GMT
Hi,

I'm running James 2.3.1

RemoteDelivery deliveryThreads = 10
spoolmanager threads =10

Occasionally my outgoing mail queue gets blocked. For example if RemoteDelivery fails to establish
 connection to a recipient server it takes another server registered for that DNS name. During
that wait time (60 sec) one would assume that other 9 threads are still working with outgoing
messages but that seems not to work like this.

In logs all sending attempts are in perfect order: "Attempting delivery of Mail1294671242316-8870-to-gmail.com"
is always followed by corresponding "Mail (Mail1294671242316-8870-to-gmail.com) sent successfully
to ..." or in some cases "Could not connect to SMTP host: ..."

For multithreaded application I would expect to see some other log messages in between these
two lines.
Any ideas what could be wrong?

Priit Liivak