james-server-user mailing list archives

From cstansb...@gmail.com
Subject SMTP for user->app notification
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:47:12 GMT
I'm the developer of a web-based application and am looking into what it
would take for me to be able to provide each of my users with their own
application-specific email address so that they could send email to my site
that would then reformat the message into something more appropriate (much
like Posterous allows you to add blog entries via email).

Is this a "use case" that is common for James, and if not, how easy is it
to hook into the framework system so that I don't have to poll a database
constantly (but can instead receive email "events" and react accordingly)?

Thanks in advance, Chad