james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Gerry Matte" <Gerry.Ma...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: James 3.0-M1 fails to startup on Windows server 2003
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 04:14:16 GMT
As I indicated , following the recommended procedure to restrict file access
for CONF/jmx.access and jmx.password was not effective for me.
Either I missed a subtle step or it doesn't work on my Windows platform
because I am running other java products that use jmx ......
By cruising the ActiveMQ web pages, I was able to determine how to disable
jmx password security by adding a java option to run.bat

I no longer encounter the same error message (that the jmx.password file is
unprotected) but I now see a connection error attempting to connect to
localhost:1099/jmxrmi
Port 1099 is already in use on my machine - either by JBoss 5.1 or by Apache
ftp or OpenDS I suspect.
Tomorrow (Nov 3) I'll try to identify the application that is currently
using port 1099 or maybe I'll try to use an alternative port by modifying
the james run.bat java options.

I'm not sure it matters but two info messages occur after the connection
error:
Bean 'configurationProvider' is not eligible for getting processed by all
BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
The same message occurs for Bean 'logProvider'

I also see multiple uncaught exceptions complaining that the configured
defaultDomain does not exist in the DomainList.
Does anyone know how I can determine what the defaultDomain is ?
I suspect I have to add something to the domainlist.xml but I have no idea
what that might be - possibly the machine name for the server ?
The list of domains I have configured is quite lengthy because I plan to
support multiple email domains.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Gerry