james-server-user mailing list archives

From Jayaprasad K <Jayaprasa...@adea.com>
Subject RE: Query on James server
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 16:00:05 GMT
In my mailet log Im getting the message:

INFO  James.Mailet: RemoteDelivery: Could not connect to SMTP host ........

From: Jayaprasad K
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 9:59 AM
To: 'server-user@james.apache.org'
Subject: Query on James server

Hello
I am going to recommend my client for using James as a mail server. The requirement is simple,
we do not want to use any smtp servers like gmail for sending mail. We want to use some open
source like James server. I got a tutorial on James installation and mail sending. I could
install and set up few users in the mail server.
But, the issue that Im facing is that Im not able to send mails to any of the external email
ids. For eg: to jpkakkassery@gmail.com<mailto:jpkakkassery@gmail.com>. I dint find any
clear guidance for this. Can you please help me ?

Regards
Jayaprasad K
678 702 9647

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION/DISCLAIMER
Transmission of this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any action in reliance upon this
information by the person or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited and would
be at their risk and responsibility. While Adea takes adequate protection against viruses,
neither the sender of this mail nor Adea accepts any responsibility or liability for interception,
corruption, delay or any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment. If you are not
the intended recipient or if you have received this in error, please delete this email with
attachments, if any, and inform the sender. Thank you for your understanding and co-operation