james-server-user mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <nor...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Query on James server
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 19:26:57 GMT
I guess your ISP is blocking outgoing traffic to port 25. Could you
try to see if a simple telnet test work out ?

# telnet gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com 25

Bye,
Norman

2010/9/10 Jayaprasad K <Jayaprasad.K@adea.com>:
> In my mailet log Im getting the message:
>
> INFO  James.Mailet: RemoteDelivery: Could not connect to SMTP host ........

simple, we do not want to use any smtp servers like gmail for sending mail. We want to use
some open source like James server. I got a tutorial on James installation and mail sending.
I could install and set up few users in the mail server.
> But, the issue that Im facing is that Im not able to send mails to any of the external
email ids. For eg: to jpkakkassery@gmail.com<mailto:jpkakkassery@gmail.com>. I dint
find any clear guidance for this. Can you please help me ?

> Regards
> Jayaprasad K
> 678 702 9647

> CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION/DISCLAIMER
> Transmission of this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any action in reliance upon this
information by the person or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited and would
be at their risk and responsibility. While Adea takes adequate protection against viruses,
neither the sender of this mail nor Adea accepts any responsibility or liability for interception,
corruption, delay or any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment. If you are not
the intended recipient or if you have received this in error, please delete this email with
attachments, if any, and inform the sender. Thank you for your understanding and co-operation