james-server-user mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JamesV3 SpringDeployment SNAPshot MYSQLdb errors
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2010 12:40:03 GMT
Hi Joe,

James 3.0 doesn't use the sqlResources.xml to access database mailboxes.

You need to checkout svn code from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/imap/trunk/,
and look at under
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/imap/trunk/jpa/src/main/java/org/apache/james/mailbox/jpa/
It uses plain (Open)JPA.

It's true that we still have to move all the mailbox code from 'imap'
and document the use of sqlResources.xml, JPA,...
(We are working on it)

 From http://old.nabble.com/file/p29763618/stacktrace, I don't
understand where the "mailman" comes from (error message: "Table
'mailman.JamesUser' doesn't exist".
You can ajust the database properties in persistence.xml (in
conf/META-INF/persistence.xml).

Tks,

Eric

On 26/09/2010 14:27, jbijoe wrote:
> I think there is more wrong here than just this problem.
> I have been trying to wade into the source code and
> manually create the required tables.  However, Im finding that
> the code is bordering on un-readable..  Must be machine generated???
> For example, looking at the sqlResources.xml "UBER" module, (something
> for everyone in there)  I have no clue whats going on in there...    I can
> see its a
> one stop shop for every ice cream flavor ( lots a db's)     :)
> I get one table created manually then stack trace hollars about another.
> Currently its knocking the Membership table when a GOOD email is rec'vd..
> Is there a database table map anywhere???  I dont mind lookin through the
> java
> code if you can point me to where these dynamic table allocations are being
> set???
> Any help greatly appreciated, and if I hit on whatever is the issue I dont
> mind giving
> back...
> TIA
>

> Norman Maurer-3 wrote:
>> Ok, sounds like a bug. Can you please open a jira issue for it?
>>

>> Thx,
>> Norman
>>
>> 2010/9/21, jbijoe<Joe@daggerpoint.com>:
>>> After more checking it looks like some tables get created, but others
>>> dont.
>>> So, I started trying to narrow it down...  I pulled out the sql
>>> statements
>>> that
>>> create the tables and tried to do a source file.sql and got errors.
>>> Looks like mysql doesnt like the field named "field"  it errors out with
>>> the
>>> following;
>>>
>>> ERROR 1074: Too big column length for column 'field' (max = 255). Use
>>> BLOB
>>> instead
>>> Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
>>>
>>> mysql>  show tables