james-server-user mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Small question about mailets development
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 09:02:18 GMT
  Hi all,

In short for james 3:
- First, it will be more easy to define your own project that contains
your mailet. You can copy the src/server/mailets pom.xml to your
src/server/mymailet directory
- If you use eclipse, you will  be happy to use the m2eclipse plugin
that will take care of dependency resolution. You can add your mymailet
project as dependency of the spring-deployment project and run the Main
(with conf/ directory at right place and spring-beans.xml/log4j.xml in
your classpath) from eclipise. You will have debugging,... and all IDE
goodness.
- If you want to remain with command line, you can build the
mymailet.jar (mvn package) and copy it in a deployed james 3 in conf/lib
(extra jar come there).

I have planned to write some doc for james 3 website the coming days.
I will start with a kind-of "How to develop on James" and yes,
developing for james is really *super* fast if you've got a few tips.

In the meantime, you can try to create a new maven project for your
mailet and we will happily help you find your way while the doc is not
there.

Tks,

Eric