james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Nitin Gupta" <nitin.gu...@srishtitechnet.com>
Subject DSN Support
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 06:49:58 GMT
Hi all,

I am using James as per following:

My App - > James - > External SMTP relay server

External relay server supports DSN feature. I am required to fetch the DSN
notifications (delivery status) in my application. Please help me in getting
this done through James. Here is what I thought:

-          All the emails originated from my app will contain a custom
header which shall include a message identifier, say a number.

-          I shall write a custom mailet which will process the headers of
the original email in the DSN notification which it will receive from
external SMTP relay server

-          After extracting the email identifier, my custom mailet shall
make an HTTP request to my app to send the email identifier along with
delivery status.

-          In my app, I shall save the delivery status along with the email
identifier.

I have written custom mailets & so I can do steps 3 & 4 easily. However, I
am not sure what matcher will I use i.e. I am not sure how to intercept all
the DSN notifications which external SMTP relay will send to James. Also do
I need some special headers/attributes to request DSN from external SMTP
relay. All I know is this server supports DSN.

Rgds