james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Nitin Gupta" <nitingupta...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Small question about mailets development
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 08:43:02 GMT
I do not need your requirement to write a custom mailet in mail james
project. What you can also do is write your custom mailet using the base
mailet api & deploy the compiled jar other dependencies in the following
directory:

<james-home>/apps/james/SAR-INF/lib directory. (you will need to create a
lib directory)

With this approach you will just be required to build your mailets jar & not
the whole James project. I hope this helps.

Rgds
nitin

-----Original Message-----
From: Max Levinson [mailto:max.levinson@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:23 AM
To: James Users List
Subject: Small question about mailets development

Hi list,

I have a really small question about mailet development.

When I am adding a new mailet to james into
/mailets/src/main/java/org/apache/james/transport/malets

Should I everytime rebuild the whole james project like mvn -U clean package
-Dmaven.test.skip.exec=true

Because this is what I do every time and it makes a process of development
and debugging quite slow.

Sorry for this silly question I am quite new to this :)