james-server-user mailing list archives

From Christopher McAtackney <crist...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retrieval of Mail Failing (Timing out)
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:39:25 GMT
Hi Norman,

I can't see anything relevant in pop3server.log - just lots of stuff
about connections from our load balancer. The DB itself seems fine -
it's a fairly meaty Oracle cluster. There was a limit of 30
connections of it, so I put that up to 100 - but still the same timing
out.

There is a fairly massive backlog on the server now I'm guessing. We
have a Nagios system sending emails out to it fairly regularly. How
can I check the size of this backlog? There's nothing being kept on
the spool table - the logs are showing that mail is being successfully
spooled. It's just not retrievable by the user for some reason.

Cheers,
Chris