james-server-user mailing list archives

From Christopher McAtackney <crist...@gmail.com>
Subject Retrieval of Mail Failing (Timing out)
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 18:58:38 GMT
Hi all,

We're running James 2.3.2 against an Oracle backend and are
experiencing a problem with mail retrieval.

It first presented itself in Outlook with the error message "Task
'myMailServer - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210D) : 'The
operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP)
server".

So I logged into the mail host to see if I could retrieve my mail that way;

telnet myMailServer 110
user test
pass test
list

At this point, there is no response for about 5 minutes, and when it
eventually comes through, there's about 1500 or so emails (coming from
our Nagios server).

I'm not sure where to start looking to diagnose this problem, so I'd
really appreciate a few pointers if anyone can think of what might be
causing this.

I looked in phoneix.log, but there doesn't seem to be anything too
relevant in there - just some Socket Closed exceptions.

Cheers,

Chris