james-server-user mailing list archives

From Darko Hojnik <hoj...@virtualizing.org>
Subject Howto Documantation James 2 and DBmail and some questions
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2010 23:57:05 GMT
Hello List

Maybe some one can help me. The Wiki suggest for James 2x DBmail as an
IMAP Server. Now i am searching a Howto or Documentation for it. My
current Setup is Exim with DBmail and i want try to switch from Exim to
James 2 with DBmail as IMAP Server. Currently i don't know how i have to
put Mails from James to DBmail. Can i use LMTP on Port 24? And James can
use a LDAP Server for users, passwords and domains?  Are they some
examples available? Anybody has got some experiences with  the Apache
Directory  Studio  or the Fedora 389 Serverand Apache James? At last and
very important is there a script or daemon to run James without
privileges for root just as user James with the group James?