james-server-user mailing list archives

From Florent André <florent.andre-...@4sengines.com>
Subject Test a mailet development
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 10:55:21 GMT
Hi James addicts :) ,

I would like to begin to code my first mailet, and I ask myself a question
: How I can test if my mailet react (output) what I want when a mail is
treated ?

I imagine different solutions :
1) send a mail via telnet : not very easy and rapid
2) send a mail via my day to day webmail : I'm not totally crazy for now
and I don't want to expose my "no-configuration" to all web. So I just have
a local access to james
3) Use a local, predictable, reusable and configurable java jar for send
mail to James.

The 3) seem to me the more "clean" and usable.

In order to create this test lib, I found some examples code on this :
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-james1.html

What do you think about this way of doing ? There is a better practice in
James or a very useful code in svn for this usecase ?

Thanks,
Have a gooooooood day
++