james-server-user mailing list archives

From FractalBob <ruom...@yahoo.com>
Subject Getting Thunderbird 2 to display a James user account
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 23:57:38 GMT

Hi,

I installed James on my Windows XP system and successfully ran the
JamesConfigTest. However, when I configure a Thunderbird mail account for a
James server, the account doesn't show up in the left-hand pane, as the
non-James accounts so. I can see the account in Tools->Account settings but
it fails to show up on the left.

The other problem, possibly related, is that I can (apparently) send mail to
the account from another account (at least, no error is returned) and I can
send from the James account to itself, but when I try to send from the
account from TB to a non-James mail account, an error alert is displayed:
5.7.1: relay denied. However, when I modify JamesConfigTest to send to
another account, it works fine (the message appears in the other inbox), so
this doesn't seem to be a config problem. Has anyone seen this? TIA

Bob