james-server-user mailing list archives

From Martin Brown <martin.br...@3bview.com>
Subject Re: James and Postini
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 12:35:21 GMT
On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 14:10 +0200, Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> 2009/9/2 Martin Brown <martin.brown@3bview.com>:
> >
> >> So JAMES connect Postini and Postini replies a 400: to what command?
> >> Can you post some detail on the SMTP conversation leading to this 400 error?
> >
> > Unfortunately I don't have that information.
>
> Do you mean this is not reproducible, or that you don't have access to
> the JAMES server?
> Did you see the behaviour you described with your own eyes or are you
> translating some comment from someone else? (briefly: are you sure
> that what is happening is what you described previously or are you
> guessing?)

The information is from a conference call with our customer and someone
from Postini. I've checked the DNS records and telneted to the MX
servers myself. The information on how Postini works, including the way
the sending email server should respond to the 400 code, is from the
Postini support rep.

I'm trying to get direct access to the rep to find out more.

Cheers

Martin

Filtered by 3BClean from http://www.3bview.com