james-server-user mailing list archives

From David Legg <david.l...@searchevent.co.uk>
Subject Re: How do I reduce SPAM
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:13:09 GMT
Joe,

> Viewing the config.xml in firfox works OK.

That's a good test.

> SO I did a little test.  OI attempted to add a header where I conjured up
> a name and set the
> X-MessageIsSpamProbability > 0.000005" to add the header.
> Still nothing in the message..

As a quick check why not temporarily invert the logic.  Change the '>'
character to '<' and see if that causes your test header to be created.

If all your messages currently have values as small as the one you
reported (1.0826917212753594E-212) then 0.000005 is still way way larger
than the spam score and I wouldn't have expected your test header to appear.

> Like its not getting to that point in the code for some reason.

That is a possibility.  It is a pipeline after all and you may have a
leak earlier in the pipe!

> SHould I wipe out my database and start the feed process over?

After doing the test above I would say yes.

Regards,
David Legg