james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Atul Moglewar" <atulmogle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: James not calling Custom mailet's service function
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:47:13 GMT
Hi,
Thanks for reverting back.

As suggested by you, I altered the environment.xml to enable DEBUG
loggin for spoolmanager and found that, my mailet gets instantiated
when I start James. The log entry says,

30/12/07 02:00:10 INFO  spoolmanager: Mailet NotifyMailet instantiated.

But when I send mail, my mailet throws NullPointerException. This
exception is thrown even if I dont write anything in the service
method. The stack trace in the log file is

30/12/07 02:02:28 ERROR spoolmanager: Exception in processor <root>
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at NotifyMailet.service(NotifyMailet.java:16)
	at org.apache.james.transport.LinearProcessor.service(LinearProcessor.java:424)
	at org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.process(JamesSpoolManager.java:405)
	at org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:309)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
30/12/07 02:02:28 ERROR spoolmanager: An error occurred processing
replyTo-Mail1198960343718-0 through root

I have configured this mailet in the config.xml as

<mailet match="All" class="NotifyMailet"/>

This element is first child of <processor name="root"> element.
Along with the above entry, the mailet also has entry in the mailetpackages.
I haven't written the init method for this mailet. This mailet is
subclass of GenericMailet.

Thanks,
-atul