james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Hillel" <hil...@ecommunicate.biz>
Subject RE: Setting up James for SMTP Authentication via Exchange 2003
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 19:58:58 GMT
Hi Stefano,

Will this work with James 2.3.0 as we have not yet moved up to 2.3.1?

Thanks for the response.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefano Bagnara [mailto:apache@bago.org]
Sent: 08 November 2007 01:04 PM
To: James Users List
Subject: Re: Setting up James for SMTP Authentication via Exchange 2003

Hillel ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> We want clients to send emails via SMTP authentication from a Microsoft
> Exchange 2003 server.
>
> Where can we put in the username and password in James so clients can send
> us secure emails via a Microsoft Exchange 2003 server using SMTP
> authentication?

Have you tried adding "simple" users to JAMES Server using the Remote
Manager?

telnet jamesserver 4555
login/password: root/root or whatever you configured.

adduser username password

If your exchange is in the authorized addresses but you still want JAMES
Server 2.3.1 to announce the AUTH support then you have to make sure you
use:
<authRequired>announce</authRequired>

Stefano